Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Rail Oil

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,286 Views
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37383]
Anyone know the equivalent of the rail oil that Kone and Schindler are using, I don’t want to pay an arm and leg from adams or kone spares.



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
‣ On KONE traction elevators with slide guides installed use KONE guide rail lubricant ISO 320 (part # US53940001) or an equivalent. It is important that you use a lubricant that contains no extreme pressure additives. These additives can adversely affect the performance of the safeties.

‣ On KONE hydraulic elevators with slide guides containing nylon inserts use NyLube lubricant (part # US50691 1002).



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I personally would only take a can of nylube to throw it in the garbage. I use 10w-30 in an old school oil can. And pour it out of the jug into auto oilers



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That nylube does gum up.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That KONE rail oil is the best in my opinion, expensive yes but that stuff sticks to the rail nicely.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Kone oil is pretty good but I use chainsaw bar oil on some older cars and you can buy lucas iso 320 in a 5 gal Paul for like $120.. also schaeffer hi visc boom lube is awesome for cars without oilers but kinda pricey. It's great for freight doors too cuz it's in a spray can



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I forgot about bar oil. That's another good option for auto oilers



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I hate Nylube in anything! At TK we were using way oil like for machine tools. Mobile Vactra 2 is what I use on my mill. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what the Kone stuff is. Now we’re using the way oil or buffer oil. Probably because the way oil is expensive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've seen alot of STP Oil treatment containers left on cartops. It's kind of thick like the KONE rail lube.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah a lot of guys use it but Im not a fan



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Me neither, it makes a big mess.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top