Elevator Forum

Poll: Door Operator...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Poll: Door Operator Modernization

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.9 K Views
(@Frambo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14537]
Which door operators do you modernize on a regular basis?

Hi - I am researching on the door operator market.
Maybe the results are also interesting for you.

If you are missing an operator, please leave a comment.

Which door operators do you modernize on a regular basis?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/24/15 09:00 AM

You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Last edited by Frambo; 06/24/15 09:09 AM.


   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Frambo,

Your pole is interesting. Would you please explain to me how the forum members will benefit by your research? I would be interested in what people are installing and why.

Recently I took out an Otis "O" operator and replaced it with an Otis AT-400. The unit is well made, sets up easily and works well. The only negative is the price...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Frambo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hi JKH - This research is for my final project, where we should pick a niche market and analyze it in detail. The members could benefit from an open discussion about troublemaker-operators and how to modernize them the easiest way.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you for your response. I am woundering if your motives are purely of self interest. I as a member already have the benefits of open discussion.

It is My perception that these open discussions are to further my education and skills to perform my vocation. It is also My perception that I am to give back to the forum by participating in these open discussions.

So, I am asking you to please give me the courtesy of telling me more about your project.
Are you planning on marketing your own door operators?
Would you tell us more about yourself, title, position?
What is it you do for your company?
I'm not looking for the name of you or your company. I just want to see if you will be a contributing member or not...

Last edited by jkh; 06/24/15 10:47 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Frambo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I am studying business at San Diego State and we need to do research on a narrow market for our entrepreneurial class. Since my dad is working as an elevator technician, I thought this could be a cool idea. He is always looking how doors are moving.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you, I would be glad to participate in you endeavor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@bilys22)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Better poll would have been which door operator would u like to install as part of a modernization



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
bilys22 is right when you account for what is being modded you need to ask what are you modding it with. If you dont know the number of each type of operator to start with the persentage of that model being replaced tells you what??? It is a good idea and may I hope get you a passing grade but to what end.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top