Elevator Forum

Peelle adjustment o...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Peelle adjustment on hoistway door

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,652 Views
(@knomesram)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14789]
I was doing some maintenance on a our freight elevator and in the log book for a year now there seems to be an issue with the 4th Floor HW door getting stuck on close. I was thinking I'd make some sort of adjustment on the chains but any other causes, ratchet and hook wearing? or ???



   
Quote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have noticed habitual problems are usually installation issues. Double check door rail system to insure it's all square and plumb. Noticed a very similiar issue on an old freight car, sash weight guide system was torqued, once I straightened it out, trouble free.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What type of Peele, what type of elevator controller and how old is the door system?



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"Stuck on close"? I'll take a shot at this- Most commonly it's the hoist way side interlock assy locking dogs or keepers that aren't disengaged completely by the car cam dropping out, thus they are still locked if but a little. Look at the mechanical aspects of the interlock, noting how the car cam pushes out on the hoist way side long arm (which is adjustable) with the roller and you'll see what the "jaws" or keepers are doing or not doing. This is true with manual or automatic freight doors. The jaw on the hoist way door is adjustable somewhat, but engagement has to be positive when the doors are closed so some knumbskull cannot force the doors open. Not sure about NYC, but out on the left coast I believe 3/4" is max the doors can be separated when locked. Note; You state, "I was doing some maintenance on OUR freight elevator..." QUESTION- are you employed as an elevator mechanic? or do you work as a maintenance man in an industrial building with a freight elevator? If you're not an elevator mechanic, you're asking for trouble.



   
ReplyQuote
(@knomesram)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You were dead on! I was finally able to work with a mechanic that was an old timer and he found that the gap between the jaw and the keeper was too big. After adjusting it was better. Then we also noticed that the Slow down was non existing and when the doors would close they would slam somewhat causing the door to "re-open". When we fixed that it was all better. So we checked all the doors on all the floors and adjusted them accordingly and it's been smooth sailing ever since. I'm an elevator mechanic helper. Sorry, I said our freight elevator in the sense that it's one I'm assigned to take care of. Wrong wording.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ah...very good!

Now have a Merry Christmas!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top