Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tc 181

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
14.6 K Views
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14768]
Do these controllers shutdown after a certain amount of time or a certain amount of uses?



   
Quote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No, they have no fault log/fault memory.



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I had one shutdown today and as soon as i entered the 4 digit access code it started working



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those EZ scans can also shut the car down if they have something go internally. But the car will run without it plugged in.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pdq1600)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes they do have a mandatory maintenance shutdown feature that if it doesn't see. A map unit, or ezscan code entry it will shut down. The system is doors open at a random floor, and all systems seem to be in auto. Another symptom is the car pi will flicker but I've seen it on some and not others. The 181 runs the 3200 cpu board early model) and all of mine have the shutdowwn feature. Even late model 1600s have this feature



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thats interesting, my company probably has over 50 of those units on service and I don't think we have ever run into that. I'm assuming then you could go ahead and shut off that feature via the ez-scan? I'll have to look for that the next time I have the manual open.



   
ReplyQuote
(@galaxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have 6 older Northerns that do that, log in with the Map unit and you're running. I have a bunch of newer Northerns with the on board Map unit that don't shutdown after x amount of runs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the TC 3200 have this same shutdown feature? I have 3 of these piles that we are losing in a month and they have started acting up pretty bad. I don't know how to retrieve faults and the building usually resets the cars before I can arrive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pdq1600)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
from what ive been told by northern if it requires a map unit, ezscan or elevision computer it has the mandatory maintenance option. there are 2 ways you can get faults. if you have the rms board on the front on the 3200 board with the screen and it will only show you the most current fault. (ie irr low from ppu, dol not active, low chc, ect) and with the map unit or ezscan you can access the special features which will show you fault codes which you would have to call northern to translate.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pdq1600)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I lost 2 of these units to another company not long ago. my last visit I plugged my map unit in, entered the code and left. 5 months later we got a call to that building because both elevators were down and the other company couldn't get them going (no map unit) we walked up and plugged the map in and away they went. my calculation would have been between 80000 and 100000 runs between code entries.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top