Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Overtime

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,355 Views
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35590]
Is there a limit to overtime worked in one week ? Are we allowed to work 7 days a week if we get paid overtime ?



   
Quote
(@Alex_ELMAN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe you ask this question in another forum. But I think you are allowed to do whatever you want as long as you do not hurt anybody. But working 7 days a week in this industry, you probably would hurt somebody.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The I.U.E.C bargaining agreement reads anything over 8 hours per day Monday-Friday is classified as overtime. Saturday and Sunday are classified as overtime. Construction, modernization, and repair work is paid 2x the standard rate for overtime. Scheduled service work overtime is paid 1.5x the standard rate. Service calls on overtime are paid 1.7x the standard rate. Service calls on Sunday are paid 2x the standard rate. The real question here is, do you want to do the overtime?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Overtime laws vary by state.

Where I am OT is anything over 40. I could work 20 hours Monday and Tuesday and if I was done for the week would get paid 40 straight time hours. But unless your state has laws against it there's no reason you couldn't work 7 days a week. We're not like the truckers who are capped at so many hours a day.

However the last guy that got killed working on elevators around here was working late on a OT callback after a long day.

I sure hope this is voluntary. There's way too much work and too little elevator men nowadays to be working for a company who is forcing employees to work 7 days a week... I'd be wearing a different companies shirt, quickly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When I started in construction there were always jobs that went into 7 12s for a month or so at a time. We were young and ate it up.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top