Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis Service Tool

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
15.3 K Views
(@Kirk@bpelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#342]
Hey guys, I'm new to this BB so I thank you in advance for any help. I have recently started my own independent elevator company and am looking for an otis service tool. I've done some online research with no luck so thought I would try for some advice from my peers in the trade. If anyone out there has any leads on where to buy one please let me know. This area has been an Otis dominated market and there is a lot of potential for my company if I can get my hands on a service tool. Feel free to email me: [email protected] Thanks for your help!



   
Quote
(@Elevatorman_1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You will be hearing from OTIS' legal department if they see this !!!



   
ReplyQuote
 jon
(@jon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i dont think thats the case, i have seen them for sale, otis cannot control the market thats called a monopoly i can remember they got fined massivly a few years ago for price fixings, anyway, our top bods have them.

i did have 3 gearless mashines a few years ago, we supplied a laptop with a dos program which could read otis data.

would also like a tool, a couple of times had a lift shut down on me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They actively look at ebay, craigs list etc. for people trying to sell a "full boat" SVT. This I can attest too. As far as the Otis suppplied laptop, it will perform some of the common functions, but only with that machine number. You cannot take to another car and use it. The new versions are tied to the mechanics phone via bluetooth. this way it also tracks the machine number and person using it.



   
ReplyQuote
 gib
(@gib)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is a couple of companies that can supply the tool Sodica in France for one or take a look on elevatorshack there is a tigerterm software version that works well and there are no legal issues as someone has pointed out so no worries.
Gib

Last edited by gib; 05/25/10 11:43 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 gib
(@gib)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

The tigerterm software version is free if you know where to go or if not then very very cheap 😎

Gib

Last edited by Administrator; 09/10/10 09:25 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top