I've got a problem with an Otis 300c. The lift will run on test control but when the lift is on normal it will sit at the lower ground floor and park with the doors open. I try to reset the processor but the buttons on the logic board will not cycle through the perameters and when the door shuts, all lights on the logic board illuminate but it will not move. There is a large amount of water in the pit and there has been a problem with the logic board going down before. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks fellas!!
Good Suggestion Robert! It could be something simple like Fire Service or a parking feature is activated.
We need more information to dig into this more.....
The "800 pound gorilla" has to be addressed first!
I'd see what got shorted out in the pit, and when that is resolved, try a re-boot.
I know you checked input signals, but there might still be something amiss.
I say that, because I don't know anything about that system, and can only start with very basic stuff.
.
ha welcome to our world.our official title is 'lift mechanic'!
to the problem i too dont know what a 300c controler is, ie is it a 401, 411,301 etc. the easy way to test if your water is an issue is to disconnect the line and short the cct to the board out. i wouldnt have thought a safety cct has a serial data system but at least you can move fwd.also clearly the lift doesnt know where it is in the shaft as its showing '0' as an error. does the lift level into floor when you reset the lift from above which would indicate at least terminal slowing to stop works. check this out and let us know how you go.
to me it sound like your logic board has failed and would suggest that you try to find a spare while as i said before try to isolate your pit imputs and outputs. there cant be many on a oilelectric. being a lowrise lift i would be going thru all inputs and outputs testing each(ie the way it counts between floors) physically and go from there.
If the eprom doesn't clear it will not teach...or it will teach too many floors etc. I have had MRS steppers work after taking out the eprom and re-installing them.
Gamma D are notorious for volatile ram problems. I have had the selector/position tape with a magnet on the lowest landing just off a little cause this also.
here ends MY lesson!