Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
01/03/2013 11:59 pm
Hi Guys,
I'm hoping someone out there can give me some ideas!
We've currently got an OTIS MCS120 running smoothly (Touch wood!).
The lift has OTIS' Remote Elevator Monitoring system fitted (REM 2000) which is causing me a headache. We no longer have a support contract with OTIS, yet it's still sending all of its usage data to OTIS!
We're looking to do 1 of 2 things, either hook up our own autodialler so that we have control of who it dials when the alarm button is pressed, or just re-program the current dialler to dial the number for the monitoring station that we want and switch to voice-only mode.
I'm a fairly competent guy with a moderately intelligent head on my shoulders and a degree in telecoms, if I could easily see the right wires for the call button, speaker and mic then it'd be no problem to re-route to our own autodialler. But I can't so far and I'm not going to just wade around in a lift control system!
Has anyone got any suggestions? Or is it just as simple as 'Get a company in to do it because there's no way you can do it yourself'.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
Matt
I'm hoping someone out there can give me some ideas!
We've currently got an OTIS MCS120 running smoothly (Touch wood!).
The lift has OTIS' Remote Elevator Monitoring system fitted (REM 2000) which is causing me a headache. We no longer have a support contract with OTIS, yet it's still sending all of its usage data to OTIS!
We're looking to do 1 of 2 things, either hook up our own autodialler so that we have control of who it dials when the alarm button is pressed, or just re-program the current dialler to dial the number for the monitoring station that we want and switch to voice-only mode.
I'm a fairly competent guy with a moderately intelligent head on my shoulders and a degree in telecoms, if I could easily see the right wires for the call button, speaker and mic then it'd be no problem to re-route to our own autodialler. But I can't so far and I'm not going to just wade around in a lift control system!
Has anyone got any suggestions? Or is it just as simple as 'Get a company in to do it because there's no way you can do it yourself'.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
Matt
02/03/2013 1:22 am
Your current service provider should easily be able and capable of disconnecting the rem unit and reprogramming the phone in the cab to call any number you wish.
02/03/2013 1:25 am
If they cannot do that, or say its an extra charge, fire them.
02/03/2013 10:48 am
all you need to do is find the wiring from the controller to the emergency phone..traveler likely shielded pair..connect them directly to the incoming phone line wires..the rem will stop working...phone can be programmed by anyone..
03/03/2013 2:19 pm
Originally Posted By: Philly
If they cannot do that, or say its an extra charge, fire them.
Intercoms are not covered on most service contracts. That would be billable work outside of contract.
But he REM is really easy to disconnect.
04/03/2013 5:28 am
All you need to do is re-program the phone. If you wanted to you can unplug the REM unit, its the plug that says "power". The REM unit has nothing to do with the function of the elevator and Otis does not care if it keeps sending data on a non-contract unit. We used to remove them but its not worth the time/money now.
11/03/2013 2:36 pm
Hi
We have an Otis tool but no manual to follow.
Is there anyone that can share one with us
15/03/2013 10:29 pm
Look up ems (electronic micro systems) emergency phones and follow directions. Simple.