Elevator Forum

Otis Gen 2 Lost Pro...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis Gen 2 Lost Program?

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
679 Views
(@ARYankee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39844]
So I am new to this and I may be in over my head but I thought that I would give this a try. We have an Otis elevator and it was installed way back in 2014/2015 timeframe. The building has been dormant for about 10 years. When we started powering everything back up, the elevator actually showed what floor it was on and functioned. We ended up powering it all down and leaving it that way. Now I get the battery fault light which I know they are all bad and need to be replaced. I don't have much info on the elevator so I bought a blue tool in hopes that I could get some codes off of it to see why it won't work. I figure with the batteries dying that it lost all it's programming. There is a small memory card that looks like it plugs into the same port that the blue tool does. I figure that has all the original settings. I'm just not sure which direction to go. Thanks in advance for any help.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Go directly to a licensed elevator mechanic. It’s not something to mess with and you could easily make it a lot worse with a blue tool if you don’t know what you’re doing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Or even worse get yourself or someone else very hurt



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top