The fault doesn't shut the cars down but I'd like to get to the root of why it logs the fault. Any ideas that might lead to a solution?
hey GP what's the difference between 411mm/s and the e411?
I've only seen a mcs 411.
hey GP what's the difference between 411mm/s and the e411?
I've only seen a mcs 411.
If memory serves me correctly, the ward leonard version was called a 411 MV. Closed loop generator field control. Rest of it standard 411. I've only seen one in 33 years. I believe it was sold as an option back when the great debate over drives vs. generators was going on.
Our old company had its own version of electronic control(miprologic/miprostar), who some conspiracy theorists have suggested was the base idea behind the 401 lift, have made a generator type as well and was an ok product as it provided a better straight line dc supply than you get from scr's.
From what I've seen is original OEM drives parts are available. It's when the OEM's went to 3rd party vendors (Allen Bradley, Robicon, Louis Allis, Baldor, etc) is when obsolecense comes in the form of the 3rd party vendor deciding to obsolece a drive.
Maybe the one exception is Magnatek with the DSD 412 and the HPV 900. Both been in production for about 20 years and are in use by multiple elevator companies. Of course that was after Magnatek absorbed Louis Allis, and Robicon.
From a repair standpoint, I'd much rather carry an SCR to the machine room for replacement thant haul a 2000 lb generator up and down the stairs. Oh my aching back... 😁