Elevator Forum

Otis 400 door opera...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 400 door operator

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,602 Views
(@Tweeker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#27971]
Can any body help me with what I need to connect to an otis 400 door operator. Looks like a 9 pin connector. I'd like to be able to change speeds and slow downs.



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You need that 9 pin ribbon cable AND possibly an interfacing adapter designed for the Big O equipment, and of course the Otis program itself on your laptop (if that’s what you’re using). That was my experience, but there are no doubt other tools available.
Someone here might be a bit more specific on just what these things are and where to acquire them, but that’s not me.
But...when you have all the stuff you need to do this task, be careful. I tried in the past to do what you’re wanting to do only to have the doors go into nudging. Guess there is a non adjustable timer for full door close time which when doors are slowed, this time is exceeded...thus nudging. I put everything back to original.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Best bet is to buy a knockoff blue Otis tool from China. About $100 and will work on 211, 311, 411, Gen2 old & new and new Hydrofit hydro controllers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can not beat the blue tool for 100



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tweeker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for the input guys we do have a blue tool so I'll grab that. Do you know if it takes a special cable to connect to the nine pin connector.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It does not



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top