Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/12/2014 4:50 am
I've got an old Montgomery MOD into an Otis 211.
An incident occurred a few weeks back where it appears someone had tackled the top floor hall door causing it to dangle in the hoistway - this isn't the issue. I've repaired the damage to the door and hung out back on the tracks; however, now the elevator will not run. I can run it on inspection from the controller and car top but can not open the door from the controller. If I press the learn door button on the car top it will open and close doors with no problem. Now, It will answer hall calls but it will not open the doors. Instead, it'll sit at any floor level and just make a shrilling sound as if the doors have timed out. I have replaced the door operator board and it still has the same issue.
if anyone has some insight on this please help.
Much appreciated.
An incident occurred a few weeks back where it appears someone had tackled the top floor hall door causing it to dangle in the hoistway - this isn't the issue. I've repaired the damage to the door and hung out back on the tracks; however, now the elevator will not run. I can run it on inspection from the controller and car top but can not open the door from the controller. If I press the learn door button on the car top it will open and close doors with no problem. Now, It will answer hall calls but it will not open the doors. Instead, it'll sit at any floor level and just make a shrilling sound as if the doors have timed out. I have replaced the door operator board and it still has the same issue.
if anyone has some insight on this please help.
Much appreciated.
03/12/2014 5:23 am
Is the controller acknowledging the door zone? Is the door open limit operating properly?
Topic starter
03/12/2014 5:54 am
The controller is acknowledging the door zone and limit appears to be fine
03/12/2014 7:01 am
what operator do you have is it back off local
03/12/2014 10:41 am
Still on local operation. When the car arrives at a floor, I bet you get DTO.
03/12/2014 10:58 pm
turn local switch off
Topic starter
04/12/2014 12:28 am
On it! I'll see what happens. Thanks!
12/12/2014 11:23 am
?
Topic starter
17/12/2014 1:10 am
I'm sorry, could you elaborate what/where the local switch is - all switches I see on the car top & machine room are set to normal
17/12/2014 3:15 am
at400 door operator controller on operator
17/12/2014 3:18 am
where is the unit at and who do you work for?
Topic starter
17/12/2014 3:23 am
Correction: found it. Don't know how I missed that, ha! I appreciate the help