Elevator Forum

Otis 211 FLK floor ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 FLK floor lockout programing

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
24.2 K Views
(@Mike 1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4912]
I need to add the floor lockout key switches to a otis 211 to stop the car from going to particular floors. I have the key switches for floors 2,3,4, and a rs-5 board. The physical wiring is simple.

I need help programming the rs-5 board. Any programming help would be greatly appreciated. It is not shown in the printed software parameters.

Thanks Mike



   
Quote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have the I/O list?
Take a look at the prints you should see an rs board just for your security for floor cut offs.
Just set the dipswitches according to that address.1,2,4,8,and 16 are the switches.Just add them up.
Can't remember if it list the address or not.
Also,there will be a list of I/O's specifically for car call lock outs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mike 1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have the i/o list and the wiring plan of the otis 211. The board I have is a rs-14 addressable board. The plan shows the address of 31 done via dip switches.
The i/o�s don�t show a floor lockout in the parameters.

There is a similar device called secure car access. Also with an rs-14 board and a base address of 30. This is a single key with 3 positions to restrict access. I am telling you this because it is listed in the parameters.

I am trying to figure if I need to program in the parameters. If I do I need some help.

I could scan and email you some pages if you would be willing to take a look.

Thanks again Mike



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Now that I have thought about it,do you have a secure/access keyswitch already?
If not ,there is a way to secure floors to where all you have to do is punch in the right code via the car buttons.
You set it up in the security parameters.

No need for another rs board,it's built in.

Last edited by elevatedone; 10/19/12 02:46 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There are other ways around this problem. just cut the feed to the button and make sure they are tied into the phase 2 keyswitch. When the phase 2 keyswith is turned on, make it cut out all keyswitches in the car and hall calls.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mike 1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I feel like I am confusing people.

I am installing 3 key switches to lockout access to floors 2,3,4 of an Otis 211 holed hydro elevator. These keys switches will only be installed inside the car. The plans indicate that I must install an rs-14 board. This feature is considered a variable or an option on the plan.

The rs-14 is an addressable board and the plan indicated that the address should be set to 31. This is done via dip switches and is easy.. The physical wiring is also easy.

Here is my problem: in the parameters sheet there is no software shown for floor lockout, nor does it show any board addressed �31�.

I am looking for programming instruction because I don�t think it will work without additional programming. I called Otis for help and that was a joke. I have access to Otis service tool GAA21750S1.

I have relevant section of plan scanned and can email as pdf.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I thank you in advance.

Mike



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have to activate the bits for the addressed board via the otis service tool. Basically making the processor aware that your addressed board exists and which i/o's it needs to acknowledge from that board. Theres a process to it, i'll look for the literature.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
why dont you just use the key swiches to cut the active feed to each button and not worry about the programing?



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How about this.......if OTIS is a Joke..then you must be the Joker who needs the Data sheets for the Rs-5 address assignments...good luck with that...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mike 1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It won't pass inspection as it will not be overridden by fireman's key operation.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Mike 1
It won't pass inspection as it will not be overridden by fireman's key operation.

we have got around that by inserting a relay when the firemans switch is turned on. then put a contact in parallel with these key switch contacts. it might be easier to program it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mike 1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It seems the relay route might be much easier.

I would like to install one relay with 3 sets of dry contacts in the car. Can you recommend one?

Do I wire this directly to the fireman�s key switch (24vdc)? What about the EMT key switch? Is there a better connection in the panel?

Thanks for your help. Mike



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
OMG this post is killing me.

wish i could help but i cant legally share on this one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
(

Originally Posted By: Mike 1
It seems the relay route might be much easier.

I would like to install one relay with 3 sets of dry contacts in the car. Can you recommend one?

Do I wire this directly to the fireman�s key switch (24vdc)? What about the EMT key switch? Is there a better connection in the panel?

Thanks for your help. Mike

what is the emt key switch? im not in the us so regs can be different.

from a theory perspective it wouldn't matter if you ran a relay from a spare n/o contact on the f/m's key or just the return wire to the m/room. it would be cleaner on a spare contact i suppose. normally buttons have a common feed to all so you could seperate the floor levels you want secure while leaving the levels you dont(serial data may be different then you may have to add floor relays). then use a relay bypass across the key switches if the f/m's switch is actuated.

so run 2 wires down the the landing switch plate from the controller. wire in a fireman's relay on the controller. its then up to you if you have enough spares to the c.o.p for each bypass contact. sometimes you mount this relay on the car top.
i dont know of the legallities of it all but dont see how it cant be if it works.

Last edited by uppo72; 10/21/12 02:00 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ditto that Green Pants... ouvey!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top