Elevator Forum

otis 211 car call l...
 
Notifications
Clear all

otis 211 car call lockout

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,405 Views
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4050]
I am adding a key switch to lockout a car call on an otis 211. What do I need to do to get the elevator to bypass the keyswitch during fire service operation. Is there anything that can be done in programming?



   
Quote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You need an Otis service tool and an addressable board. rs-5 board I think. Or just add a relay that is picked when the phase 2 switch is turned on. Use the N.O. contact to parallel the open contact of the lock out switch.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Of course, you wouldn't be locking out the bottom floor (egress) right? That floor stays unlocked at all times, on auto, security, and of course on phase 2. (or at least in Cali)

Last edited by Vic; 07/10/12 01:25 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good point Vic.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Chuck)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have a service tool you can program it into the elevator. If the elevator is a 2 or 3 the stop there is normaly an un used input in the cop. Might need to get a plug for the I/O brd. to use it. The prints should list any open I/O's in the cop. Then you need to turn on the crc (card reader car) in ocss. Should be under the security menu. I have to get a book to give all the details. If you do not have a tool, the relay setup always works. Let me know if you need the details.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top