Notifications
Clear all
09/03/2013 5:11 am
Dan
Any pictures of your unit? I posted a few pictures of my own in the gallery.
Any pictures of your unit? I posted a few pictures of my own in the gallery.
11/03/2013 7:23 pm
No I wish I had. That unit was removed and went to the Transportation museum. This was about 20 years ago but It was believed the last steam powered elevator had been torn out 30 years before that. So who really knows what's still out there going up and down everyday.
12/03/2013 12:30 pm
I had a unit in Long Beach, (CA), that had only three numbers in it's State number. I think it was like 700 something.
Stopped on the brake, which was a huge liability, so I refused to work on it any longer.
For comparison, there are more than 160,000 units in CA these days.
Oldest stuff we have now is about 40 years old.
03/06/2013 7:06 am
(5) stop (3) stage telescopic water hydro built in 1895 in Worcester mass.
If there is a major fire in the city, there isn't enough water pressure to make it to the top floor.
We call them flush toilets because they run up on city water pressure and dump water into the sewer system to run down.
The shipper rope was replaced with a floor seeking controller made in our shop. The platform is wood as well as the three cab walls. The gates have barn door tracks and expanded metal.
Have to grease the pistons once a month because we can't use asbestos impregnated grease that used to last at least five years.
25/06/2013 3:07 pm
1896 Llewellyn basement Drum machine.
Last patent date on Westinghouse motor is 1896.
chain driven selector, 4 stop unit.
Birdcage car installed inside a square, glass lined stairway. Bostwick collapsible gate. windowed Swing doors at landings
Still in original operating condition.
Last patent date on Westinghouse motor is 1896.
chain driven selector, 4 stop unit.
Birdcage car installed inside a square, glass lined stairway. Bostwick collapsible gate. windowed Swing doors at landings
Still in original operating condition.
Vancouver Canada
26/06/2013 7:49 am
Awesome pics, have seen some older stuff, we have quoted customers the time and material to clean up their unit and make it a show piece. They won't bite....only quoted 16 hrs. Labor. I am going to show them these pics, might make them change their mind. Preserving the old stuff is so much fun and satisfying!
Page 2 / 2
Prev