Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
12/05/2014 10:21 pm
Hey all, First post and newbie Facility Engineer here. I have a question about an old ESCO Elevator Door Hanger. The Spot weld on the top of the door is missing to hold the door down onto the hanger bold head. My Maintenance department is wanting to use JB Weld as a repair so they do not have to pull the door out. My feeling is that the door should be pulled out and a tack weld should be placed here. Could you give me a few pointers here? I don't mind being wrong so let me know your true feelings. We have no prints for this part/elevator and my maintenance guys are not qualified elevator maintenance mechanics so the weld would have to be someone brought in from the outside where our guys could do the JB Weld. I can try and show with a sketch if you dont understand where my problem is.
13/05/2014 3:52 am
Do you want to assume the liability for any damage/injuries that may come from this repair?
I would suggest you have your maintaining contractor (elevator company) remove the door and have it welded. That way you steer clear of any liability issues down the road.
13/05/2014 9:04 am
Originally Posted By: traction
Do you want to assume the liability for any damage/injuries that may come from this repair?
I would suggest you have your maintaining contractor (elevator company) remove the door and have it welded. That way you steer clear of any liability issues down the road.
This might be covered in your maintenance contract with your elevator company. The tech should remove the door and take it to a certified welder. Then you assume no liability. If its not covered then get a proposal from the elevator company to have it fixed correctly.