Elevator Forum

need help with mont...
 
Notifications
Clear all

need help with montgomery 2 stop hydro

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
14.3 K Views
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14312]
Hi all I need help in understanding the issue I have with a 2 stop montgomery hydro. Its a solid state controller, the top rack has the input boards with the power supply and cpu boards. The bottom rack has the output boards, below the racks is an relay board with LU, LD, UX, DX, UA and a few more relay I cannot remember.

This is the issue, the car is outputing fire light and buzzer; their is no fire inputs at all. Try taking the car to fire floor and open door, try manuelly put on fire service but couldnot reset fireman service. I also notice if I make AESS input low and make ECB input high the ouput for fire service goes away but the car will not run.
Have swap input and ouput boards around, replaced the power supply board cause thr 5vdc had 0.5vac on it.

Does anyone have any ideas, I can move on inspecton.



   
Quote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those miproms tend to get a little funny ..I have had this problem and I had to reset it by ..intermittently making the input hi..I will get the info..when I get to the job,I want to give you the proper sequence without blowing up the card...



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
try making ESB high. Also ESS and AESS need to be high. If either one is low you will be on Phase One.



   
ReplyQuote
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Made ESB,ESS and AESS high with ESH low(I think this is phase 1 key input) the firelight still on at bottom landing with door open.

Does any one know if there is a input for the controller to confirm it's at the fire floor?

Does anyone know what AESP output suppose to be. I am sure it's suppose to be high, or what input to get this output?

I can rule out any chance of being an I/O board or the interface board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
AESP is an output, it is high for normal service. It goes low if AESS input goes goes low. You said you replaced the Power Supply Board. I would try another Power Supply Board. It is not unheard of to have an after market board bad out of the box. If you made ESB high that is the same as resetting the Fire Service with the Hall Station Key. You may have 1 or more bad input or output boards.



   
ReplyQuote
 BRG
(@BRG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is the bottom floor the main or alternate recall floor. Is there an input marked "AESH"? This is for a second hall switch. Many times used in a fire panel or security panel. This should be hi for normal service. Making "ESB" hi should override all fire service.



   
ReplyQuote
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
this is a 2stop hydro, bottom is the fire floor with fire switch. Top just have hall button. No wires on AESH. Made ESB high car stop fire light and buzzer and seems to be normal with one exception. AESS input is high with AESP output being low.
Will take a car call doors closed and won't take off.

I can vertify the 5vdc at the I/O interface board on the chip and reads 5.08vdc and no a/c on their.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
gonna have to start swapping out i/o boards. if you don't have any spare boards, try swapping input boards, to see if you get a different scenario, same with output boards.



   
ReplyQuote
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Done that but same issue persist.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you could have a bad backplane or one of the two chips on the backplane is bad. Are you sure the AESS input is good. AESP thinks it is low, check that thourghly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you could have a bad backplane or one of the two chips on the backplane is bad. Are you sure the AESS input is good. AESP thinks it is low, check that thoroughly.



   
ReplyQuote
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
There is a few chips on the backplane, what are the function of those chips? I know for normal service AESP output has to be high. AESS input according to the led on board is high.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
just because the led is lit, does not mean it is good. swap it out with a known good board. One that is not from the elevator itself. you could have more than one bad input board.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top