Elevator Forum

Name that controlle...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Name that controller

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,843 Views
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33347]
The data plate says Westinghouse, but Schindler says they have no record of it and it doesn't match their numbering system. Best I can tell it was a mod in the 80s but no record with the City having a permit pulled. Only original 1940s install. Original install is listed as a Keller not Westighouse
Anyone recognize it?
Attachments
cont2.jpg (865.58 KB, 95 downloads)
cont1.jpg (1.08 MB, 72 downloads)
cont3.jpg (702.89 KB, 65 downloads)
cont4.jpg (656.83 KB, 60 downloads)



   
Quote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Relay type and nomenclature looks like a GAL controller I had on my route.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stall Protection)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Relays are definitely GAL and the reverse phase relay says GAL too. I've seen those relays on some old General Elevators though I'm not sure if they made their own controls.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think with the data plate saying Westinghouse it's a safe bet its a Westinghouse. I would look for castings in the machine too. Maybe not If it was a mod, but most of that old stuff they cast the company name somewhere on the machine.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The nomenclature looks to be old Montgomery.



   
ReplyQuote
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It’s a GAL



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Everyone, I'll reach out to GAL in hopes they archived the prints.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would agree on GAL as well. Often GAL and CJ Anderson would put the name of the company installing the controller on the controller data tag.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Definitely GAL. I have same 1



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So, no luck on prints from GAL, does anyone have anything close? Problem I have is the car is always picking the UR relay, after it completes a run, it always runs to the top landing and just sits there. If you cycle power, you can push in the lower call manually and it will take but won't work off the button. After it completed that run, it reverses direction and returns to the top floor. Then won't take a call via the relay or button. This is an old freight with manual gates.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Matol)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
GAL prints will be close enough for troubleshooting purposes



   
ReplyQuote
(@Matol)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try cleaning the n/c contact on the bottom of call relays



   
ReplyQuote
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have some prints, pm me



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check your preference selector contacts the UC relay is most likely staying in because of contacts on UC or DC



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top