The second portion of this post is in reference to KONE's MRL packages - that seems to be the biggest competition out there as the price is so low however I was recently talking to someone who is in the manufacturing side of the business and they were telling me that the KONE MRL packages and even some of the other big companies with MRL packages are all just Crap.... specifically i was told a few things... first off, they are able to have such a lower prices because the steel is super lightweight to the point where most US based manufacturers wouldn't even consider building a product with something so lightweight. Secondly, the packages are so bad that they are designed to only last about 10 years, at which point they must be replaced... and my understanding of replaced is not a full replacement but significant enough due to the Crap steel and other components that it might as well cost as much as a new install. Lastly, and related to that last point and I believe it was KONE for this, not sure of the other big companies, but they actually work to get customers to sign a 10 year maintenance agreement for these MRLs knowing that a significant Mod/replacement will be needed during that timeline. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these things happening or have heard similar remarks? Not really too surprised as they are large corporate companies, and I hate to say it but it is one way to ensure there will be work always coming in and with that money coming in even if it is Crap business practice.
I for one think the Kone is pretty solid and reliable. The KCM's we have, have been running solid for many years. Just like everything else they have their weak points. The Schlindler right now is good, but I feel like that 4000 trip meter is going to get us in the end. The Schlindler folks do push the ten year agreement,not to mention that if the building is sold and the new owner does not stay with Schlindler, then the original building owner is responsible for half of the remaining term.This is the world we live in. I am a little calmer about it, as I have already been through what you are going through now.
Good news, is there is enough work for all of us out there and the Non-Proprietary controller manufacturers are coming up with better ways to replace those controllers every day.
The Life would be around 20 years depending on how much usage.
Don't sign a 10 year agreement, that's ridiculously Long.
https://dura-vator.com/
Looks like a solid system but with some neat time saving install tricks.