Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Modernization

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,582 Views
(@mrmike)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12036]
I have three old Westinghouse traction elevators type 28. We replaced the controls 10 yrs ago using MCE controls with Magnetek drives. I am getting bids on replacing the machines and I have one company pushing Titan Machine Corp machines and the other pushing Hollister & Whitney. I am familiar with Hollister but not Titan. I am looking for the opinions from the experts on this forum as to which one they think is a better machine. Any and all feedback is gratefully appreciated. Thank you very much.



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They are both good machines, I prefer H/W though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mrmike)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for your response. I've been told that Titans have a tendency to leak at the seals after a couple of years. Would you mind telling me why you prefer H/W



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They are both good Machines.They both stand behind their equipment.I would not let the choice of either Machine affect the Bid.Instead choose the Company that has a proven track record and a good Service Department, coupled with a fair price.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You cant go wrong with either one so chose on price or location or what your installer is the most familiar with.



   
ReplyQuote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Our company buy a 13 Titan machines in one order and then ,a lot of oil is in our machines rooms, installed 2 Hollister and no problems, right now the Torin machines are superior in quality.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Titan will leak at the seals for sure....

Not that the H/W won't, but I can almost guarantee the Titan will. Still a good machine though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Most all machines will leak eventually, some faster than others. You want a machine that doesn't have a bad track record for leaking and one that the seals are easy and inexpensive to replace. I'd say HW over Titan but I prefer gearless...

Last edited by E-man; 09/20/14 04:03 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@mrmike)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you to everyone who responded to my modernization question.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top