I replaced the encoder, the encoder board, and the neuron piggy back board on the encoder board and kept the old software chip. Now the elevator overshoots all floors and faults out on 1 & 2. I put everything back the way it was, and nothing changes. (I then put all the new boards back, but left the original encoder bc I verified it had +4.9v and had a count on A and B.
The D4 led (slow down indicator) on the encoder board does not blink until it's on the magnets. On the other elevators it blinks before it sees the magnet.
The odd thing is that I have had this same problem on 2 other elevators at the same building. I ended up replacing the encoder board on the car top, along with the neuron piggy back board. (I used the original chip in the new neuron board). I also replaced the encoder for good measure. This fixed the problem in both of the other elevators.
Any chance this could be the car top board?
Any help would be appreciated!!
Does Kone Spares sell a car top board? The P31527 part number brings up a different one with Kone Spares, and they said they are not sure if they carry the one I sent them a picture of anymore. I may be able to send it to get repaired, the other boards I can purchase.
Any info/guesses would be more than I have now =)
On a more general note, the metallic cigar switches and the Molex plugs that they’re connected to are a major weak point in my experience.
P-31517 is the correct part number (number printed on the actual board is the 31527) Thanks!!
I will try the adjusting the valve, it didn't solve the issue on the other elevators, but it can't hurt.
Indirtwetrust,
I did find a bad cigar switch and replaced it. The artwork on the circuit board between the switches and the terminals was bad, but no such luck on this one.... if you can call that luck.
Thanks you both for your comments!
If I purchase the tool, is the Freedom Tool the same one Kone sells?
I would like to be able to input a floor table if at all possible. I may end up purchasing a new PC BRD,RLY PLT,NEUR,R/B part # USP31597001.
Kone Spares told me that I would also have to replace all the Neuron boards at the same time to ensure it could communicate properly.
Does anyone know if this replacement would allow me to use the tool?