Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
05/10/2019 4:06 am
I have a duplex Miprom 21 Ultrons that will randomly drive into the overhead. If the car is sitting at the top floor it will drive up onto the final. Any floor below it will drive up then NTS stop and put itself back into service. I did read about a chasing software fix from KONE/CETEK. Does anyone know if this applies to DC Miproms as well as AC miproms? I have actually seen these cars do this with no hall call or car call wires attached. Shocked that this happens. Thanks Mike
05/10/2019 6:09 am
This was a software glitch that went on for years. It would happen I believe when the car was directed to park on another floor, because a different car in the group entered it's zone. It never trapped passengers, it was always empty. CETEK does have a fix. It will work on the DDC Miprom.
Topic starter
05/10/2019 6:48 am
Thanks John. Ill call Cetek on Monday.
05/10/2019 10:00 am
Ya, I always thought it was only AC drives but last time I called Cetek they said the DDC cars have the same issue. Strange I’ve had it fix 4 AC cars but have always found another reason for DC. Cetek will tell you you have to go through Kone though.
Topic starter
08/10/2019 2:19 am
Indirt. Well my offiice is going to talk to CETEK. In the mean time here is the story. Duplex Ultrons have been ending in the overhead for at least since 2012 according to onsite callback charts. Previous service companies have changed all the boards minus the backplane. The issue got much worse because one car has been turned off for a cab refurb. Since I took the non zoning floors off under the com tables menu at the least tge car doesn't zone to the top and then end up on the final when it flakes. Now it stays at the last call and then will will intermittantly act like it is taking a call to a above the top floor and go into nts and then reset. Any ideas I will gladly check into. Thanks Mike
Topic starter
08/10/2019 2:40 am
Well scratch last post. Even with non zoning turnes off. The car did park itself at the top landing. Also with top hall and car call wires off.
08/10/2019 5:29 am
It is a software issue. Therefore nothing us mere mortals do will make it better. I know, I tried everything you did and more. I worked for this company for over 40 years. Call CETEK, let your supervisors worry about it.
08/10/2019 8:35 am
I second that.
It is interesting though how excessive yours seems to be. For me, this has always been really intermittent and always happened overnight. And it would always be the same car in the group. We’ve even just done the 1 car that was having the issue and it seemed to be 50/50 if another car would start doing it in the next couple of months or not.
You definitely want to make sure both NTS & ETS work, not that that’s ever fixed it. Maybe if you cut the car speed in half it could stop in time.
08/10/2019 8:48 am
What’s so strange is that it seemed to be one or two of the units I had on service would do this, all installed at the same time, and with software upgrades for this issue. And not just on the UOT limit, but buried a bit higher as if the unit was in intermediate speed or the brake picked below the top landing and the car flew into the OH.
The tough part was finding out that the stupid split link operator wasn’t set up to where the car doors could be forced open. Boy I hated that one!
The tough part was finding out that the stupid split link operator wasn’t set up to where the car doors could be forced open. Boy I hated that one!
10/10/2019 6:53 am
I have a bunch of these on service. I assure you the issue is the sio board. To the previous reply you are correct, it happens at night and doesn't involve any inputs. Because of camera systems I have in place I have watched this anomaly happen. When one elevator gets called via Hall call it happens then for re homing to a lower floor, which is essentially a supervisory function, in this case between sio boards. For starters swap the sio boards between the 2 elevators and let me know what happens. Always only one bad one out of a duplex, triplex, whatever. Remedied my issues.
Topic starter
16/10/2019 12:05 am
Hey guys. Coming back to close this out and foubd Rev nailed it. Swapped the sio board with the other car and issue subsided. Got a new one and problem has been calm the past week. I believe I will still get the intermittant that is software driven. But for now the building can live with a call once every couple months. Thanks for the help.
16/10/2019 3:25 am
Very interesting. I will remember this one. Good find.
16/10/2019 6:51 am
Mike I think you might be pleasantly surprised with no issues moving forward. I'm going on 2 years without an overhead problem after the sio board issue I discovered. I believe that was the software issue as if certain sio boards would line up in singularity causing things to go out of whack. Good luck!
02/11/2019 6:55 am
Interesting. Trying this monday. I got three buildings with one car outta a 3/4 pack that does it once a month for forever
07/11/2019 9:01 pm
I have a 4 car group that one car does this a lot and all of the cars seem to also do it but not as much. Any suggestions on the doing the board swap and if so does it matter from what car to car?
Page 1 / 2
Next