Elevator Forum

Miprom 21 over spee...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Miprom 21 over speeding procedure

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,157 Views
(@mike74)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9722]
Hello,
Does anyone have the procedure for overspeeding a miprom 21 with a dc digital drive? I have to change out some govenors and not sure how to overspeed the car through the controller.
Any help would be appreciated.



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can't you just Tach the Governor, or is some entity wanting to see an over speed safety set? You can always lift the Brake by pushing in on the P and Brake relays, of course you will need a full load. To over speed the controller you would need a service tool, and change a number of parameters to fool the drive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have to perform a 5 year safety test ??

Could you not just spin the governors ??
Then set the safeties on inspection and check pull through etc



   
ReplyQuote
(@mike74)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have to replace a couple of governors that are worn out and have to much play in them. The inspector is going to want to see the elevator overspeed during inspection as per my conversation with him. I do have a service tool but do not know what parametors to change. I have moved the car before by pushing in the brake relays but just for short spurts. Will that work if i just hold them in for longer periods or will the contoroller fault out dropping voltage to those relays. This inspection wont be for a couple months but i do want to be prepared. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@N.W.GUY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you should just be able to turn the speed up with your tool, under msu adjust. I'll double check my book when I can, but it should be pretty simple.

We have to overspeed care here when we replace to governors too.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top