Elevator Forum

Miprom 21 memory du...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Miprom 21 memory during power loss

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,709 Views
 Rev1
(@Rev1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#29506]
I'm going to be removing all power from the final car on a 3 car mod. This is only for about 6-8 hours for sparky to do some work. Other than possibly going into fire service will I lose floor tables or have to re-initiate the drive? Is there even a battery backup on these systems? Thanks.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Should be fine. There is a battery backed Ram chip on the CPU. I’ve never lost a floor table from having power off that I can remember. When they go bad they’ll loose the floor table with the power on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
However, as a caveat to Dirts answer. If by chance you have an early analog Miprom, you can lose all the field programmable parameters, including the floor table, if you pull the main line without shutting down the CPU first. So to be safe dip the three switches's before flagging the dis-connect. This happens on analog units only.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I did not know that. You mean just the analog DC drive? This isn’t true of all the older model CPUs is it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have only had this happen on early analog units that were modded. They also had old-style dis-connect switches that were re-used. I think those old slow dis-connects had something to do with pulling out the programmable parameters. This would also happen after a power outage. Yes, they were DCV Analog Drive units.

Last edited by john jay; 06/25/20 08:19 PM. Reason: additional info


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Interesting



   
ReplyQuote
 Rev1
(@Rev1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
All parameters held. Thanks guys!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The older miproms with analog drives do not have a battery ram chip. They have a little 3volt nicad battery on top right corner of CPU. And if you got that setup, its at least 25yrs old. If you keep losing floor tables with power outages, buy a new battery and solder it in. The controller has no way of knowing how the power was shut off, with dips or disconnect. It makes no difference if you flip the dips if battery is bad. The newer 21s with digital drive stepped up the CPU to the ram chip setup



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top