Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
10/02/2017 7:22 am
Looking for any feedback on replacing the original AB drive with a drive panel from K Spares.
10/02/2017 7:50 am
I've done it on a miprom with an analog ab drive. The kit came with some metal bars that extend the controller cabinet so the new digital magnetek will fit. It also came with a interface board, new velocity Encoder and good instructions. Kone spares gave very good tech support as well.
10/02/2017 8:04 am
I think Kone may use the Cetek drive now if you are talking about the obsolete AC drive. We did 2 a couple years ago we got direct from Cetek. No problems.
Topic starter
10/02/2017 9:30 pm
You must have replaced a larger DC analog drive that needed the tach replaced with an encoder and the door extended. I understand the smaller drive does not need the door extender. Sounds like it was pretty easy.
Topic starter
10/02/2017 9:36 pm
That is not the case. Kone has their own panels in stock manufactured by Magnetek (DC) and Yaskawa (AC). How long did the replacement take you?
11/02/2017 3:34 am
Less than a day