Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Mac Operator

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,508 Views
(@ModMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#28936]
I'm doing a MOD that we sold MAC operators for. I've done a couple of Macs in the past, but only on hydro units. There is a switch mounted on the operator that is supposed to be used on traction cars according to the info I received. Is that used for unintended motion somehow? Not sure what to do with it. It's a Schindler TX controller and the print shows nothing for the Mac. Any assistance would be great.



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Who did you buy the operators from, Kone or Cetek? I would call their support if instructions are not clear. Could be something new for DLM (door lock monitoring).



   
ReplyQuote
(@ModMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well now, that's a very good question. I'll have to check with my super and see who they ordered thru. I have no idea. The door lock monitoring is a good thought. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The switch is like DPM on an MOVFR. If the controller has no input for it, don’t use it. Did they originally have Mac operators? Wondering why they’d choose them for a mod. I think they’re great operators, especially with that new LCD board. But since they don’t have a throw adjustment they don’t adapt very well. All you can do is position the operator so the door is full closed with the arm straight, then the open just is where it is. If it isn’t near harmonic full open the spirator will pull the doors off the limit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ModMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah, they had mac originally. I think that's the only reason we went that route. We usually do a gal swap regardless of what was there prior. So the switch is door protection. Good to know. Appreciate the responses. Stay safe



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top