Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

LRVF mod

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10 K Views
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't think it would be an issue that I can think of. If you have the floor space and it's not a big deal to keep it can provide a couple of benefits. It's not a part that has a high chance of failure. The chance you'll have problems from it are pretty low.

I personally am a fan of remove as much old as possible when doing mods or upgrades though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So alpha does not have a line reactor in the controller. Is this enough reason to use step up ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It sort of depends. There's a significant difference on the drive side and line side of a line reactor, if you put a scope on the power wires on either side. the line side is a clean sine wave. The drive side is somewhat a sine wave but very rough with lots of harmonics when the car Is running.

If it was me I'd keep the transformer then. It's definitely worth it for ease of life. There's no real drawback to keeping it but you can rest reasonably assured you wont have power issues since the last car ran with that setup without issues. I wouldn't want to cause any power issues in the building backfeeding harmonics and possibly interfere with other items in the building. And if there was more than one car I'd definitely want isolation in some form to prevent dirty power between cars messing with the drives or other parts of the controller.

That is odd. Most every traction controller I work on with a vvvf drive has a line reactor. I wonder why alphas not using one. Kind of one of those extra steps for top quality you take in advance to prevent problems instead of waiting to see if you have problems. I would at least want some ferrite rings on the power wires going into the drive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is the power wires in-between a keb f5 drive and the line reactor, while the car is running
Attachments
Screenshot_20240206_201729_Gallery.jpg (1011.1 KB, 23 downloads)
Screenshot_20240206_201711_Gallery.jpg (1008.21 KB, 18 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Same car while running, on the other side of the line reactor, in-between the line reactor and iso transformer
Attachments
Screenshot_20240206_201821_Gallery.jpg (973.73 KB, 21 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Same car, on building side of iso transformer
Attachments
Screenshot_20240206_214910_Gallery.jpg (1004.93 KB, 21 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks EE. Good info brother



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top