When you finish with the e-brake, swap the power and switch cable on the power supply, (5 wire cable), and do the main brake. Put the cables back when done.
Screw the brake switch adjustment cw until it clicks, (bk de-energized), then ccw until it clicks out. Make sure the emergency release cable isn't tight. The washers on the center bolt should be free to spin.
But I wonder why the lack of brake switch actuation didn't fault out the control, and prevent brake slippage and wear?
For safety reasons you should always lock the car on the rails with the car top locking device when energizing the brake for adjustment just in case the other brake is not set properly. Severe over counterweighting will cause the car to launch up like a rocket
The only Kone PMSMs I've worked on is the MX20. At least on the vintage I have, both the e-brake and main brake have microswitches on them. Maybe other vintages, or other models (MX10, etc), don't have them?
This should have said:
"Screw the brake switch adjustment cw until it clicks, (bk de-energized), then ccw FOR ONE FULL TURN."
Didn't state that properly.