Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
04/01/2013 8:36 pm
We have 2 Miprom Hydros in a hospital parking garage. They have hydro Morris pump units and valves on them. These units were installed around 2000. The only info we could find on the web was a 16 page Bullitin dated 2004 for conversion to Maxton. Does anyone have write ups on valve adjustments on this equipment? Or just exspearance with these type units? They have 3 silinoids on the valve.
04/01/2013 11:22 pm
The hydromoris valves are unsafe and obsolete. Kone and the manufacturer no longer supports it (too many lawsuits from accidents) and removed all of them from the elevators that they had in service and converted them to Maxton. especially the pressure hose and the black plastic inlet tube was prone to be bursting. I would give your customer an ultimatum to replace or I highly suggest canceling the service contract.
Topic starter
05/01/2013 5:18 am
Thanks Philly!
05/01/2013 5:25 am
Did they recall all the HM valves or are they just offering a replacement with the Maxton? How long ago did this happen?
05/01/2013 10:48 pm
About 5 years ago. All of the fm service jobs had valve or full tank unit replacements, and ex-customers that were not currently suing Kone, were offered valve exchanges. I got stuck going to a lot of those places, and have never been thrown out of a building before that day. Embarrassing. I refused to do any more. Lol
05/01/2013 11:03 pm
Thanks for the info 🙂