Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kone EcoDisc MX18

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,670 Views
(@jericho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21800]
Good Day,

I would like to gather some information about the KONE EcoDisc MX18. We are planning to modernized our old elevator and one of the bidders is Kone. Can anyone help me what is the advantage and disadvantage of Kone EcoDisc.

Thanks



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The machine is junk. The traction relation is horrible. Even roped 2:1 they slip like crazy. When something goes wrong you can only get a new machine from across the pond. Brakes are horrible in the USA. I heard other countries use both brakes to hold load. In USA they must use only one brake and the other is emergency brake. Highly recommend a rope gripper on this junk if your stuck with it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jericho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you Rolly for the info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jericho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The other bidders are Schinlder with TX-GC controller all components from Switzerland and Mitsubishi all components from Japan. What do you prefer? Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@jericho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Elevator specs are 38 stops 1350 capacity and 4.0mps



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the Mitsubishi is in your price range it is far superior equipment. Kone would be at the bottom of my list, the MX machines really are junk and I don't consider Schindler much better. I much prefer Otis or Thyssenkrupp in the price range of the majors. I don't think though that many would argue Mitsubishi isn't top of the line (if they are installing their product from Japan) but you do pay for it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jericho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for this.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top