Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
16/10/2014 9:48 pm
Anybody have information on how to program a car call button on the KCM?
We have to replace one that has been abused.
16/10/2014 11:58 pm
I know a way you can cheat it without programming it. Pop open the pressel with a small tweeker . You'll see a blue membrane. I use a dental cleaning tool to open up that membrane. Inside is a snap action contact , real small with a gold streak on the back that makes up the contact. That's what's damaged. Take a new button apart the same way and change that snap action contact. Saves you from programming the button . I can do it in under 5 minutes. Good luck
17/10/2014 12:26 am
Lol it's a good trick
Dave
Dave
17/10/2014 1:31 am
Hey Dave only reason I do that now is cause I wiped out my entire panel one time . Somehow I lost the F2KMUL board so I had to reprogram everything . This way you can keep the same address to the button and not have to worry about losing other things lol
17/10/2014 1:45 am
Hi Eric, how did you manage to do that? I'm nearly done with another two drives will keep you informed how they go then I'll get the info to you, I think I've mastered it, watch this space.
Dave
Dave
18/10/2014 11:31 am
solid state, give me a call, i may be able to give you some info also i was told that you can call kone spares, and give them the floor number of the button you want to change, and they will program it for you. not sure if this is true, but worth a try give them a call, and i will try and put together some info for you call me next week
19/10/2014 2:11 am
solid state, looks like you can just order a button, that is unconfigured. If the COP has previously been configured to use the easy button replacement procedure, then you will not need the configuration switch assembly. You just put car on machine room inspect, turn off power, replace button, turn on power, press and hold replaced button for 2 seconds, put car on normal and it should work. this will work as long as the cop has been configured for this operation. if not, then you will need the configuration switch, and id codes, along with the instructions, fairly simple give me a call, i have what you will need. maybe you will get lucky, and the cop is already setup to make it easy. worth a try, also, you cannot add a button from another car, or location, as it will not work, the button has to be blank, or unconfigured.
Last edited by Vatorgator; 10/18/14 06:20 PM.
20/10/2014 1:11 am
DM Hughes
YOu said you were done with another two drives -- KCM 831 drives? we've replaced two in the past 3 months or so and just wondering why they are junk?
YOu said you were done with another two drives -- KCM 831 drives? we've replaced two in the past 3 months or so and just wondering why they are junk?
Chicago was going to try to send me some literature on some bad intel chips they have in them but I never got anything. I just think Kone or Intel or someone should warranty. I know it is a fat chance, but they still should.
20/10/2014 6:42 am
Hi mate,
I think there's a few reasons why, one of them might be the contactors inside, if they are going HR that might be putting too much strain on the IGBT also the brake relay gets very burnt this may be contributing by not getting the correct voltage to the brake coils, I've studied a lot of these units & it all seems to be a common thing, that they might be running close to there limit most of the time, it's a good thing to keep an eye on such things as the load weighing device on the monos, as crash stopping can throw them out, just my thoughts!
I think there's a few reasons why, one of them might be the contactors inside, if they are going HR that might be putting too much strain on the IGBT also the brake relay gets very burnt this may be contributing by not getting the correct voltage to the brake coils, I've studied a lot of these units & it all seems to be a common thing, that they might be running close to there limit most of the time, it's a good thing to keep an eye on such things as the load weighing device on the monos, as crash stopping can throw them out, just my thoughts!
20/10/2014 3:18 pm
As for the button replacement that solid state started this thread for, it should be easy if it's just the one button, put the lift on RDF & switch off, replace the button with a known blank, switch on still on RDF you should then press the button about 2 seconds it should beep not always in my experience then switch onto normal and try the button, let us know how it goes.
Topic starter
22/10/2014 9:56 pm
As expected, we did not get lucky. You have to have the configuration key switch to program the button on this elevator.
Does anybody know the part number for this?
Topic starter
22/10/2014 10:30 pm
Found it.
Part number is KM804250G10
22/10/2014 10:54 pm
Try KM804250G10 for the configuration key switch
22/10/2014 10:55 pm
lol we posted at same time
01/01/2015 12:24 am
Kcm 831 km804250G10. I am looking for instruction for configuring.
can someon help me thanks.
can someon help me thanks.
Page 1 / 2
Next