Elevator Forum

Is this what they c...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Is this what they call Full Service?

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,749 Views
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#16372]
I've attached a picture of the valve leaking in the tank. I hope it attached.
There were mutiple units at the same site. All have the same issue.
The best part is the customer is happy to pay us hourly and repair any issues we find. They also asked us take over servicing the units. We explained we would but only on a grease and lube contract.
Attachments
image.jpeg (195.3 KB, 122 downloads)



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Calling that a leak is a bit of an understatement. That thing had to be re-leveling 3 or 4 times a minute. Their savings in electric bills alone is worth the price of a new contract.



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's one of the worst I've seen. I'd love that contract. Replace the 2 O-rings and clean the screen on each and make mega bank. And they would notice such a difference in power bill "like john said" they would love you for life.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Magic smoke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
$.50 o-ring and 30 minutes good as new. Those valves are notorious for that. I keep a bag of those in the truck. That's crazy but I guess you have to be there to see it. Hahaha



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We will propose up front one time charge to put equipment back in shape. Then replace or repair everything you see wrong. Then and only then will we go ahead and write a full service agreement. Because full maintenance means so little at some companies now a days. But Dover equipment new enough to have submersible pump units should be equipment that once in shape and maintained will be profitable as a full maintenance agreement contract. Good Luck and work safe!



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
John Jay, I didn't want to over sell it.

What I don't understand is why? Do you think the maintenance guy just never looked in the tank?

Dan, All 3 units are 25-30 year old 2 stop DMC-1 units. I'm amazed anyone would take them on full service...

My thinking is in line with all of you. I intend to give them a fair market price and earn their business.

Here is a little back ground. The owners are an investment group that bought one of the buildings we service. One elevator in this building was down for several weeks. Customers complained to the corporate office. When it rolled down to the district managers desk she made the decision to call us. I'm always happy to take on more buildings 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
JHK good luck can't tell you how many times coming to someone's rescue has led to multiple contracts. I will take all the old. DMCs the sales department can find. Some CLC boards are obsolete and have to be updated as a group. So if you cover that in your contract these units just keep on running.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top