Elevator Forum

IMS/UIT Tac 32 Hydr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

IMS/UIT Tac 32 Hydro

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,500 Views
(@DNEME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41009]
Hello,
I just got a car running after i had a locked up input but my UIT was bad as well. I got a new one but from my understanding theyre software locked. How can I program a new UIT to the software?
Do I modify in IMS or do I pull the program with ULDS command and modify in there?
Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Last edited by DNEME; 04/21/26 07:52 PM.


   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can’t modify it like that. You need to buy a UIT from TKE and they’ll send you a new job config that matches the new UIT.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DNEME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
A 3rd party company offered, if theyre my only option it is what it is, but shouldn't I be able to modify it myself?

They asked for the job files so im assuming its somewhere in there then if it cant be done with ims

Last edited by DNEME; 04/22/26 12:39 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes same boat on a few jobs with non functioning UIT on the TAC32. Luckily my laptop will still work with it but I wish there was a way to get the UIT working again. I have not been able to get it to work and was told I wont be able to as they are programmed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DNEME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I know a guy who can help out, but his options cost $500 or $1k depending on what you want done



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes it’s in the job file. Even if you have TK do it you need to send your adjusted job file. If you just order it you get an unadjusted job file that matches the UIT so you have to re-do everything. I’d be curious what they charge for it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I work for TK (at least until they're something else?) I have UITs that are locked up. Even our local office has a issue ordering job specific UITs. I provided all job info/requesting it for that specific elevator(s)

In other words, what was purchased wasn't job specific so once installed surprise surprise they didn't work.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They can’t program a UIT to match your job file. So if you order a UIT and don’t get a new job file to match it it’s not going to work. The office should be able to order it through SRT and make sure you give them a copy of your adjusted job file so you can just load it, install the UIT and be done. Your regional adjuster will most likely know how to do it too.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top