Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ims program

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,264 Views
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1037]
Does anyone know if you can adjust the door operator on a TAC 20 with the ims interface? I have never worked on a TAC 20 before, and a friend was inquiring about this. We had a class a couple of years ago, and vaguely remember something about communicating to the door operator by plugging into door operator directly or through the controller interface. I thought it had to do with the RS232 port or the RS485 port. I think I remember the instructor saying to be careful where you plug in the interface cable as plugging 232 cable into 485 port would cause trouble. Maybe there are two different door operators with different interfaces, I don't have a manual and would be grateful for feedback, thanks



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Scott,
You can on the HD85 and later HD series. I don't know about the LD series. Stear clear of the 485 port.

Last edited by elmcannic; 01/08/11 04:51 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks elmcannic, I have seen a lot of posts regarding ims for communicating with Dover cars, is this the only software that Dover mechanics use to interface with the controllers, or is there something else like the fast tool for the dmc models?



   
ReplyQuote
(@gmail)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Scott...
you got it right on both accounts. the fast tool is for the DMC only.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you can use the service tool connected to the tac20 controller via port RS232 to comm. w/ the hd-98 door op only. for the LD-03 and HD-03 door op you need to use the UIT display connected directly to the door op. Stay away from RS485 port.



   
ReplyQuote
 Gibb
(@Gibb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
can you utilize the UIT to make adjustments to the door op?



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yes you can use the UIT to create whatever door profile pattern you want for the specific job.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top