Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ims laptop

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
14.4 K Views
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#6857]
Borrowing a friend's IMS laptop, but accidentally shutdown. What is the password in the Windows login screen? It says log on to Windows at the top. Its a blue/white Windows xp generic box with user name already filled in as IMS and a blank box below that says password: Can anybody please help!



   
Quote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
whatever he set the password to be, did you call and ask him?

Last edited by aquadag; 05/02/13 02:47 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
He is unreachable. Is there a universal?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hit enter I never set one up on my stuff.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't know what OS you're using but here's a link for XP.

http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/bypass-xp-password-in-safe-mode.htm

If not XP, check around the net. Many Hacks for many OS's.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I finally got it from him a few hours later. I forgot to write it down. Doh! Callout was easily taken care of with a little computer help. I should've known that laptop battery was shot and would shutdown if unplugged. That's how all my laptops are too! Has anyone ever bought a new battery? My guess is no. Lol

Last edited by Philly; 05/02/13 03:18 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes for internal battery, but it's a pain in the butt to change.



   
ReplyQuote
(@IMS4sale)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am selling my IMS laptop, let me no if anyone is interested-



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm assuming it's a pirated version, since the real deal cannot be sold by anyone but ims. I doubt you would get any takers here pal. Not worth losing a $150-200k job for a knock-off program.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tell them Philly , only works on old ims anyway.
Peace.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pretty pathetic..they are all pirated ..the big three are disposing them like hotcakes..want nothing to do with them..let the pirates sit on them...



   
ReplyQuote
(@SEC Reject)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would be staying as far away from these as is humanly possible. Several have been rumored to be in possession of elevator companies in my area, and my advice is always the same - DO NOT be in possession of stolen goods.

None of us would financially survive a multinational corporation's legal might. And if the software's owner can't successfully go after the company making use of the software, you can be damn sure they won't hesitate to bring down their wrath upon one or two individuals to make an example.

Be safe.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top