Elevator Forum

IMS issues with Tac...
 
Notifications
Clear all

IMS issues with Tac20

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,870 Views
(@RyeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35419]
Are there any known issues for connecting IMS to Tac20? Running the newer version IMS and the button to connect is greyed out. Not sure if an older version of IMS would work or if there is another work around.

And I believe the UIT only works the job it was installed in correct? At the very least I am hoping to pull some faults to troubleshoot an issue



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What connect button? You have to make a network, group, & car in the control panel, then plug in and wait for it to connect with little red plugs, then you can reload to get light bulbs and then you can open any tools. If you get a com port error when you open IMS you need to set the com port in IMS to the com port you’re using.



   
ReplyQuote
(@RyeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The connect button at the top of the control panel which is above the reload button.

I don’t get any red plugs/light bulbs with this and it com port has been verified with what was assigned in device manager



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And you’re using blue IMS? Tac20s are slow. In the bottom right corner it’ll say no device connected, then direct connection and bounce back and forth for a minute or 2. As long as it’s doing that, it will connect eventually. If it just says no device connected, something is wrong with your serial adapter, cable, or something. Serial cable should be straight through, no Null Modem. You f you’re on a job with other cars networked together make sure the group number is correct. On a job like that it would be written in the controller door or something if it isn’t group 1.



   
ReplyQuote
(@RyeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes I’m using the blue IMS. I will have to pay attention to that status next time I’m on site. This is the only car in the building so I should be good on that end.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top