Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I40 modules

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,252 Views
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3206]
Does anyone have the internal schematic to an I 40 touch button replacement module? I guess it is some type of SCR circuit but this is just something out of pure curiosity. The ones I have seen are completely sealed. I may have some other uses for these things depending on how the circuit is wired plus I'd like to build a little tester for these things.

Last edited by Smitty; 04/12/12 05:16 PM.


   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No I don't..Sorry..But they are wonderful..Vacumn tubes should only be used in guitar amps..LOL..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorman15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Here is one circut.
Attachments
touchswtr.gif (4.75 KB, 37 downloads)
touchswtr.gif (4.75 KB, 28 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes I play guitar too and tubes are still the best sounding thing out there ....even in 2012.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
most older touch buttons are based on the wheatstone balanced brige theory. Touch it and the bridge is unbalanced and the button fires.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I only play thru vacuum tube amps myself, preferably an old Marshall with EL34s.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks E-man. I am aware how the old tube circuits worked. I just want a detailed schematic of the I40 modules. I tried downloading the two .gif file links provided by Vatorman but they contain no data. I am doing a tear out of an old Otis with an EMO and and about every other type of overlay Otis could throw at this thing until they lost the contract. I might have a couple different uses for the I40 modules. It is just a technical curiosity. Cool, another elevator man musician. I like tube amps mostly because they have the ability to clean up nicely with just a roll of your volume knob. I play through a Hughes Kettner Switchblade.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top