Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I2 valve leak

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,985 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35205]
Hi. I got a dry belt Tac 20 with I2 valve under tank leaking from the big leveling adjuster. Can I thread that all the way out and replace it ?



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Measure how far out the adjustment is now. Take the two bolts holding its plate to the valve body. Pull the whole thing out, replace o ring.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s a no, it won’t thread out. If the filter is clean you can just replace the o-rings but it’s usually no. Best to keep a couple of the up level adjusters on your truck so you can swap the whole thing out. They’re not very cleanable. Part number 9729124.
Attachments
30027384-6641-4E31-9E95-DDCB7EBFC304.jpeg (76.72 KB, 34 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorfixer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good idea keeping some spare up adjusters they seem to leak and plug often. I also had a spare plate that they screw into so that I could swap it as an assembly and not worry about much oil loss.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have your helper slowly turn the pump motor sheave backwards while you swap it out to minimize leakage.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thats a good trick Montana.

I have had good luck cleaning them before if the screens dirty and car won't level by removing and hitting it with a can of brake clean. Generally works on valve screens for all valves.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Vatorfixer
Good idea keeping some spare up adjusters they seem to leak and plug often. I also had a spare plate that they screw into so that I could swap it as an assembly and not worry about much oil loss.

I carry a 2 bolt plate for an I-2 and an I-3 valve for quick swapping on belted units too.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks guys.
Do you have part number for the 2 bolt rectangle plate ?

Last edited by Jluff; 05/05/23 09:40 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top