Elevator Forum

I-Motion II Door Bo...
 
Notifications
Clear all

I-Motion II Door Board Replacement

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
11.3 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#23960]
So I guess the I-Motion II door board is obsolete. Does anyone have a write up on the conversion to the new board? Kit part # or required component part #’s. I was told the new board is this AAA26800ARE1, but with the plugs for 485 comm and the load weigher removed, I’m not sure how it’s supposed to work.

Any info is much appreciated.



   
Quote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
last time i had to deal with the i motion 2, i ordered a replacement and it came without the plugs like you indicated. turns out there are 2 different i motion boards 1 for discreet inputs, and one for serial communications they look almost identical, i did not notice until i had it in place and could not find a place for 485 and load weigher connectors.. that was a couple years back. might want to double check with parts people



   
ReplyQuote
(@DJ 411)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
2 version of this board is correct load plug is kind of in the middle of the board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Do you have a part # for the one with a 485 plug and load weigher plug? I sure can’t find one. The old ABA26800AED is obsolete.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev8d)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Had the same issue. We sent old board to unitec and had them repair it. It was about a 3 day turn around.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think I found it. The multidrop board with load weighing is an ARE2 and requires another position sensor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mr.mechanical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If we want to convert this motion II, what will I need for a GAL door operator? Will it be the same ARE2 board with discrete interface?



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just get a Glide series. Forget GAL.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't upgrade to a gal on that car. The Otis glide is a super easy upgrade that comes with the brackets, wiring schematics, and templates. You can have it mounted in 4 hours. I've done 2 of those upgrades recently and it was a pretty nice set up



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have any questions pm me I have some notes and modifications I like to do to make it more robust



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Has anyone replaced these with a GAL MOVFR? or the new GAL Linear operator? We suggested upgrading some 211s that have I motion to the Glide A and the building's consultant is insisting on going GAL instead.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have not done that upgrade but Ive looked into doing it. It's going to be at least 2-3 days longer of an upgrade and probably cost more in material to do it and make it look nice and operate well.. I just put an movfr on an old Otis car and if you get your measurements right you can just cut down a gal header and mount it to the Otis door track and use a Z bracket in back or c channel to get your mounting platform. As for the wiring as long as it's a discreet it's no big deal.
Also I'd keep the Otis vane and door locks

Last edited by Bowtiedrooster16; 01/11/25 07:12 PM. Reason: More info


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top