Elevator Forum

Hydro unit no muffl...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Hydro unit no muffler

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,829 Views
(@Jankemech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34728]
Muffler came apart plugged up maxton valve replaced valve replaced oil and straight piped muffler for installation of valve. Any downside to not using a muffler besides noise will the pulsation hurt the valve, there is no hydraulic banging thinking I'll leave it run until new muffler comes in.



   
Quote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pulsation won’t hurt the valve , in fact most install the muffler after the valve. There really are only two good mufflers , the Dover\TK muffler and the MEI bladder muffler , all others offer very limited correction of liner flow. In fact allot of the smaller companies around here skip them all together . I notice as soon as I get on the elevator , but most customer don’t.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Air bladder style mufflers work but why have something that fails that you have to replace under a maintenance contract. We have had to replace several already. We no longer use them on new construction or modernization.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with previous statements. Not having a muffler wont hurt as long as theres no ride quality issues from vibrations or noise. I prefer the canton style mufflers, they look like the Dover mufflers but are welded. Work well and never need maintenance.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
After rereading my last post to be clear we use mufflers like Cantons but will not use air up mufflers. Sorry for the confusion if any



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top