I need other mechanics to consider this and answer this odd question. We are replacing a 4 story jack. Pulled the jack, and had a super-sucker company suck out the hole (had a 2 ft. culvert casing). Water is coming into the hole, at a moderately rate. We put in 37ft PVC (12in). By the time we had it down, it is floating 10 ft up. Now mind you its completely glued, encapsulated, and no leakage. Here's the question. If we add clean water into the interior of the PVC have we destroyed or damaged the intention of code about sealing out electrolysis, and other underground issues.
I've been laughed at for believing that the interior, added water is completely safe for the jack casing since it is isolated from any electrical current, and doesn't have exposure to oxygen.
Tell me where I'm right, or wrong.
I have seen the water method done as well with the intention of pumping the water back out after everything is landed and plum.
Added bonus would be water jacket to keep it from overheating.
I also do not buy the no oxygen no rust theory as water is made of 1 part oxygen, what causes it to break down, heat. Will the oil heating up ever cause it to breakdown? Also how do you plan on jetting out the existing oxygen in the hole? So the waterline has two things needed for rust, oxygen and water, and potential catalyst of heat, to make it worse.
Just my 2 cents from a very over analytical perfectionist.