Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Hpbhna fix

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,256 Views
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#25622]
I’ve read the memo put out on how to fix issues with hpbhna boards by adding a Lon grounding plug to crip and a bus termination plug to last hpb board. What size resistor is used for the termination plug and what pins are used for both termination and grounding plugs. I want to see how well this works



   
Quote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Anyone?



   
ReplyQuote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was recently on a job with this paperwork. If I am there again I can check. I do remember however that the steps were different depending on the situation (round cables or flat cables etc)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks, and I too remember that the process is different for flat and round cables.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I talked to a guy who had worked for Westinghouse and Schindler for over 20 years and said he had read this memo , tried it put it didn’t work. He later found out the problem has to do with excess wire between the hall stations looped up and tucked into duct tray. He pulled excess wire out into one hall station, cut off excess wire and crimped on new connector. Has anyone else heard of this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have seen a Schindler document on this. But most communication wiring doesn’t like to be coiled up. SPI loops especially.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I’m going to try to revisit this. I still get this memo about grounding with every hpbhna board. Surely Schindler sends this for a reason. Does anyone know what size resistor and what pins are used? I did have the issue come back on the unit we shortened the cables on.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top