Elevator Forum

Hall stations flash...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Hall stations flash on lev

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
32.6 K Views
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#6313]
Anyone know a fix for the hall stations flashing the floor number on a lev.



   
Quote
(@billvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
what equipment?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's a TK lev installed in 04



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
what is a lev?



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Lev is a residential elevator by Thyssen-Krupp Access. If just the floor number is flashing there is nothing wrong with it. However, it does not seem like you are an elevator technician. Please be careful when performing activities around this elevator. It can result in injury and death.



   
ReplyQuote
(@billvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
agree with solidstate you need to be careful around any elevator! but i will trow this out there, i have had issues with tke fixtures with LED bulbs in them. the LED bulb starts going bad and flashes or flickers also i have seen this on older equipment when companies try to sell a bulb upgrade and install LED'S you will get a AC pulse on the P.I.'s. but if your only problem is a flashing bulb on a residential lift, call it good and leave it alone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the response. I am not a elevator tech but I am an electro mechanical engineer and I appreciate the warning. I do respect the difficulty of what you all do.
As luck would have it the flashing has stopped and returned to normal operation once I shut down power and the ups but it took 24 hrs to reset which leads me to believe that TK has some timing delay relay on there board.
The problem was caused by a charge of static electricity at the 4 th floor call button which is above a wall to wall rug. When my wife touched the call button a spark of static started it flashing. Have you ever seen this happen.
I would appreate any insight you have into this elevator as TK has abandoned
their customers.
Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The static shock effects is very interesting. I have never heard of that one. As for the time delay reset, it does NOT exist. Totally against any logic of business or safety. You have a problem with your elevator.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i wonder whether that landing is not earthed properly which is fwd biasing the diodes?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Are there diodes on the call board



   
ReplyQuote
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That is a great thought Can a diode reverse bias on it's own and reset



   
ReplyQuote
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Can a static charge Overcome the barrier voltage an reverse the flow



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Boards should not be grounded or in anyway attched to the hall button metal. Hard to believe you could generate enough voltage, to jump the insulators, and voltage still be high enough to overcome the PIV of the diode.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the feedback. I have seen the spark in the past and it is something formidable not just a light spark. Today I wil pull off the cover plate to see if there is any direct link to the board. Maybe install something to insulate it further from the cover panel. strange that no one has seen or heard of this happening



   
ReplyQuote
(@Cipro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Any lev experts ot there



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top