Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
05/07/2010 3:22 am
There is some somke comming out of the oil tank looks like the motor is not turning and the braker trip all the time ? Anybody have and idea ? I'm about to take the motor out of the tank and check the motor .
Thanks For your help.
Frank
Thanks For your help.
Frank
05/07/2010 5:29 am
sounds like a locked rotor-or maybe the pump is bound up
Topic starter
05/07/2010 9:34 am
You think the motor is burn ( dead )? or there is someting to obstruct the pump or the pipe ?
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks Frank
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks Frank
05/07/2010 12:51 pm
submersibles are extremely fragile to "single phasing" either from actual building power issues or worn starter contacts. if it has wye start, delta run, being stuck in wye can also cause a failure. all of these produce little white bubbles of smoke.
05/07/2010 12:54 pm
reading the windings with a meter can tell you if any are open or "to ground". it wont tell you if they are shorted inside of themselves since the winding resistance is extremely low already. something to check before pulling the motor.
Last edited by J Sand; 07/05/10 04:54 AM.
07/07/2010 3:08 am
As with almost everything in our buisness your motor runs on smoke and everyone that i have seen when the smoke comes out you need a new motor as there is no way to put the smoke back in in the feild. GOOD LUCK!
Topic starter
07/07/2010 5:31 am
Yep you are right I took the motor out and there is lots of steel garbage inside the motor and smell burn .
I already order a new motor .
Thanks Frank
I already order a new motor .
Thanks Frank
Topic starter
07/07/2010 5:35 am
Last week I replace the contactor ( cutter hammer ) it was sparking and create some intermitent probleme , and the elevator was good for 5 days and now the motor is burn ( you think the bad contactor as dammage the motor ? )
Thanks Frank
Thanks Frank
07/07/2010 6:28 am
J Sand was right on when he said that submersibles dont handel single-phasing very well building power problems or starter contact problems will take out a motor or weaken it so it fails shortly there after. So as with most things in life there is a trade off. Dry units are more prone to leaks and are generally noisier but are more robust and do not contamanate the oil when you lose a motor.