Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
29/04/2010 5:12 am
Hi...Thanks for the website
I have a Goldflite duplex 6 floors geared....Been having one car get lost the past few months.....to date, Ive changed SA,NL, relays, installed a new electronic stepper switch.....Pattern board shows a velocity max & kls led's lite in the failed state.....I've checked each doorlock, every safety string item and the gate switch mechanically and electrically and all are good....Pattern and amplifier board were replaced in the last month or so as well....Since I'm at home typing this, I don't have my notes to tell what other relays I've inspected....Any ideas, thoughts or a new angle of attack would be greatly appreciated.
02/05/2010 1:01 pm
When Haughton changed over to the electronic stepper there where a few wiring changes that came down over time. One change was to properly keep the stepper from counting all the way up to about 32 floors when it did get out of step. The other was a change to keep the stepper from locking up both the TFX and 1FX relays simultaneously. I'd have to go back and check my notes as to the exact wiring changes. I would also replace SDZ and OE as well. Be careful however because the older correct H relays are becoming rare. I have seen that many of the aftermarket H relays create more problems due to incorrect pin length.
As for the KLS lamp being on that does happen sometimes at random but if you are noticing K-limit interference at the terminals, you may need to readjust your K-Speed and K-Dist pots.
Although the book always said to set K-speed 1 volt higher that PATT, I found that 1/2 volt higher gave better performance when testing your terminal slowdowns.This was true on 350ft/min and less jobs. On the 500ft/min jobs the 1 volt rule seemed to work better. For your Vel max, any EME shutdown can light that as well as clipping a door lock. Hopefully you have a job that was upgraded to 120volt door locks. Also, recheck your EMF/VEL zeroing on the AMP board as well as the setting of the GEN pot.
As for the KLS lamp being on that does happen sometimes at random but if you are noticing K-limit interference at the terminals, you may need to readjust your K-Speed and K-Dist pots.
Although the book always said to set K-speed 1 volt higher that PATT, I found that 1/2 volt higher gave better performance when testing your terminal slowdowns.This was true on 350ft/min and less jobs. On the 500ft/min jobs the 1 volt rule seemed to work better. For your Vel max, any EME shutdown can light that as well as clipping a door lock. Hopefully you have a job that was upgraded to 120volt door locks. Also, recheck your EMF/VEL zeroing on the AMP board as well as the setting of the GEN pot.
Topic starter
02/05/2010 7:10 pm
Smitty...thanks for the reply....TFX and 1FX are always up when the car is in the failed state....I will try your suggestions Monday......It's one of those calls that got personal and I want to find the sucker!......PS....Moving the "H" relays is always a treat.....I need 5x reading glasses and a spotlight to see those damn pins!
03/05/2010 12:38 am
Looking at the Haughton electronic stepper ckt I think lines 30-35, I think the way I used to fix the lockup problem was to insert a TFX normally closed contact between the UA 2-3 and RB 2-3. Then also insert a 1FX normally closed contact between DA 2-3 and RT 2-3. This will prevent both the top and bottom floors from latching up at the same time.
As for the pins LOL I don't know how I used to do it. My eyes are so bad now. Try changing an RJLX socket out. I used to take little pieces of insulation to mark the pins. Also setting up some 28v lamps with some EZ hook leads makes life a whole lot easier. Haughton used to provide these but you can make them up. Leave the leads long enough so you can poke the lamps through an unused relay socket so you can run the car and watch the contact or coil your having trouble with at the same time.
As for the pins LOL I don't know how I used to do it. My eyes are so bad now. Try changing an RJLX socket out. I used to take little pieces of insulation to mark the pins. Also setting up some 28v lamps with some EZ hook leads makes life a whole lot easier. Haughton used to provide these but you can make them up. Leave the leads long enough so you can poke the lamps through an unused relay socket so you can run the car and watch the contact or coil your having trouble with at the same time.