Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

dover dmc hydro

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.5 K Views
(@fateinc2005)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#406]
I posted up the other day about programming, and I'm still having problems with elevator. Here's the run down, elevator runs up in only a low speed. I tached motor rpm and its right on, the valve coil voltage is good and picking.
The car was in pit when I got there and it would not run out until I turned in bypass to bump up pressure. So I sized it again, then nothing, pump runs coils pick car will only run with bypass turned in. I failed to mention that down direction runs absolutely perfect, the car runs normal. Any advice would be great. The repair crews are like two months out on stuff like this, so any help would be appreciated.



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On the DMC they used solid wire to go to the switch tree on the side of the car-these will break. I had one do the same exact thing, it was the up slowdown switch on the switch tree-wire broken. You can remove the switch tree while on the cartop.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mbskin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also check your high speed relay on power board on controller. I have seen these fail and cause car too run level speed only. You said your valve coils were picked. Do you have both or just one energized? E311 is correct the connection on the switch tree is utsl or utl.

Last edited by mbskin; 04/28/10 06:54 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Fateinc2005, what valve are you using? If both high speed and low speed coils are energizing then you may have a clogged screen or a bad stem. The bottom line is if both valve coils are energizing and the valve is sized properly that elevator should be running high speed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If this is a dover I series valve, you only have one valve coil energized at a time, one for hi speed and one for low speed. I have seen repair crews replace the dover valve with a maxton valve and spend all day trying to get the valve to go hi speed, it will not since maxton needs both hi speed and low speed valve coils energized to get hi speed. if you change a dover valve to a maxton, or eeco, you will need to modify the valve coil circuit. If it is a I3 dover valve, and you have the hi speed valve coil energized, and the car will not move, or moves very slowly, you could have a clogged screen in the valve. also, I3 valves are very sensitive as to adjustments, if you start turning adjusters willy, nilly, then you are going to run into problems. adjust per manual.



   
ReplyQuote
(@fateinc2005)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sorry for not replying sooner, it ended up being the up strainer.
Looks like someone threw some pit pads in the tank,i've been running the filter pump for a couple of days now.I also checked the batteries no sabotage there they probably didn't know that trick.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top