First, I agree, you don't mod big 4 stuff to other big 4 stuff. The whole point of modding is to not have equipment by any of the big 4. That being said, I've been thrown a big contract of gen 2s a couple of years ago and at this point, other than the POS belt monitors, I like them. The blue tool is quick and easy. Beats the heck out of bringing in a whole laptop bag and setting it up.
You always mod to non proprietary. Around here I see alot of jobs put in by the big 4 or modded by them that the customer specd MCE so they put it in.
http:/
Not sure if that would improve or worsen their currently not-so-good tech support.
Very true. The 2 most replaced parts on mine are those. And the MRO batteries.
Otis won't sell spare pulse units to us though. They only want to sell one when your sending one back.