Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gen2 floor lockout

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,317 Views
(@Bricker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#29547]
I’m trying to lockout just one floor so that the car call doesn’t work without security. I know Smartrise you can use the car calls as security buttons. Does the Otis Gen2 offer that as well or does it have to go through a card reader?



   
Quote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind of security? on a GeN2 TCBC/GECB controller you can program it to lock a selected floor and open it with a 3 digit pin code using the car calls...
You would have to look at the SAO fucntions in the install parameters (9-Security)

/Alex



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bricker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I’m in that section. It’s section 7 for me. How do you active a certain floor? I’m only wanting to shut off the top floor. I have the infant pos 1 set to that floor but it will still go there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind of GeN2 is this? US? do you know what control board is used in the installation? (software version would be even better)

/Alex



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bricker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s in US and it was installed in 2005. How do I get the software?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am pretty sure it is a GCS, the software is a bit different from the euro version... in the US version section 7 is security. (euro 9).
Let me look through the documents and willl get back to you in this thread...



   
ReplyQuote
(@brandonl)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You want to look into Car Secure Access if you want to use the car calls as an access code. Typically you also need a three position keyswitch to secure and unsecure the floor and enter the access code. You could fake out the keyswitch when setting up, because if adding the keyswitch for one floor you would be better to just use floor lockout. There is a couple other options you could do depending on how the customer wants it to work.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top