Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gen2 Brake issue

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,539 Views
(@Ron H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#30156]
I am having a problem with a Gen2 in that it drifts up a little before taking off. I tried lengthening the brake pick time but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I know it's saving ok because when I reset the power the change is still in there, but the car is still drifting. I have set the brake pic time out to 3000 or 3 seconds with no change in the issue. As soon as the door closes the car drifts up a little then runs down, you don't notice it in the up direction as much because it's going up anyway. Anyone else experiencing something similar? It's possible we are missing a step in the saving process but I would think if it still shows our changes after we cycle the power it was saved properly.



   
Quote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Load Weight



   
ReplyQuote
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am also experiencing same problem on one of the Otis gen2 comfort in my portfolio. And I know it has to do with the load as You have said @DripCan, how do we solve this problem? For someone who is new to Otis lifts



   
ReplyQuote
(@NY Guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Start with swapping out the load weighing sensors to see if that works. If t doesn’t, make sure the OAD Board is wired in.

Last edited by NY Guy; 12/21/20 02:39 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Depending on the age of the GeN2 and what kind of drive used....

OVF Drive -> ALWcomp Corr (Correction factor for internally calculated loadweighing compensation torque).
Ultra/Global Drive -> Pretorque Trim (Pre-torque values to prevent rollback)

/Alex



   
ReplyQuote
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Need help with otis gen2 bringing up DRV: <speed, 36. R=39



   
ReplyQuote
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Speed Errors, clear (shift 5)



   
ReplyQuote
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
thanks



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top