Elevator Forum

Gen2 brake/drive is...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Gen2 brake/drive issue

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
22.3 K Views
(@ActiveTony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#27872]
Hello, I’m new to this whole forum thing but have a problem that I just can’t seem to figure out. I work for an independent company and we recently acquired a couple Otis Gen2 units to service. Installed 3 years ago and we’re having problems pretty regularly now. I’m getting a 2703 drive fault. Since we’ve had the account I’ve noticed a strange noise intermittently when the brake would pick but now it seems like the brake is either not picking and causing the drive to fail or the drive is not sending the signal for the brake to pick. My brake switches appear to be working as intended as I can see the LED’s dropping when they are supposed to. When BP attempts to pull in it drops out immediately. This happens several times before the car just shuts down. I guess the question is, how do I determine wether the brake itself is the issue, or the drive is the culprit? Thanks for any input!



   
Quote
(@ActiveTony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Forgot to mention this is an MRL setup and I can’t see the brake while this is going on. What can cause a 2703 fault? How do I isolate the brake from the drive to determine the cause? Does anyone besides Otis guys work on these things? Feelings? Do we give it up?



   
ReplyQuote
(@gutmonarch)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What type of controller do you have? 2703 code is like a 300vfe drive.

Events on Gen2 is from 0 to 900

Last edited by gutmonarch; 10/02/19 04:39 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@ActiveTony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
2703 is the shutdown code for MCSS on my svt. It means DBSS drive fault. The drive is a Regen part no. OVFR...something. (Not currently at the job so don’t have that info). There is a bit of a learning curve here with this stuff. I’m pretty sure it’s a drive issue. It doesn’t appear that I’m getting voltage for Z to pick which is the pilot for the BP contactor



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You know you can go into the DBSS and see what the fault is right?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ActiveTony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No I did not. I’m borrowing the svt and have had some practice with 211’s but this gen2 stuff is new to me. Pointers would be appreciated



   
ReplyQuote
(@gutmonarch)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Go to that event 2703 then press blue key 3 Enter. See if it has subcode. Anyhow whats the event before 2703? Also monitor Inputs and Outputs

Last edited by gutmonarch; 10/06/19 01:52 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Drive shutdown faults are usually preceded by the original fault/issue



   
ReplyQuote
(@ActiveTony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Faults are: 201 Cnv Id error, 301 DC bus Under...



   
ReplyQuote
(@ActiveTony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No faults on mcss prior.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Peter iuec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those Wago pilot relays are a known weak spot I would replace that Z relay and problem is likely fixed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ActiveTony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just in case anyone in the future goes through this, it ended up being the drive. We lost the account to Otis because they offered up the drive in exchange for a signed service agreement.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ron H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am having a problem with a Gen2 in that it drifts up a little before taking off. I tried lengthening the brake pick time but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I know it's saving ok because when I reset the power the change is still in there, but the car is still drifting. I have set it out to 3000 or 3 seconds with no change. as soon as the door closes the car drifts up a little. Anyone else experiencing something simular?



   
ReplyQuote
(@DJ 411)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can try changing the pre-torque trim in the drive. It’s normally said I have 1.00 change it to .50 and see if it goes away.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top